with Jeffery Werbock, Chairman of the Mugham Society of America
Jeffrey Werbock will present a program of instrumental solo improvisations based on traditional Azerbaijani mugham, played on oud – fretless wood face short neck lute; tar fretted skin face long neck lute; and kamancha- skin face spike fiddle.Mr. Werbock has been giving presentations for over three decades and has performed often at LincolnCenter, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the American Museum of Natural History, World Music Institute,and presents lecture demonstrations at universities all over the English speaking world. He has been awarded an honorary degree by the National Music Conservatory of Azerbaijan, in Baku, and was recently sponsored by the Ministry of Culture of Azerbaijan to perform a solo concert.
- Central Asia in World History 2016 Summer Institute
- Lecture: Splendid 19th-Century Central Asian Ikat Textiles and Their Modern Revival
- Sign the petition against the firing of the director of Uzbekistan’s Savitsky Museum
- Andrew Hale: Change and Tradition in Soviet Central Asia
- Discussing Eurasianism and Eurasian Integration within the Azerbaijani Context