CESS is pleased to announce that scholars from Eurasia may apply for travel grants to help cover conference-related costs to attend the 2016 annual CESS conference at Princeton University.
Each awardee will be reimbursed up to 1,500 USD to help offset actually accrued travel-related expenses (economy airfare, ground transportation, economy lodging). Hard copies of all receipts will be required for reimbursement. Applicants themselves and/or their home institutions must cover any additional expenses.
We will consider applications from anyone on the preliminary program (http://centraleurasia.org/assets/conf/cess-princeton-2016_preliminary-program_2016-06-22.pdf).
Those presenting on topics related to the promotion and protection of open society values — including (but not limited to) respect for human rights and the rule of law, the development of civil society, women’s and minority empowerment, and the promotion of fairness and inclusion in political, economic, educational, and health care systems — are particularly encouraged to apply. Priority will go to applicants from any of the post-Soviet states of Eurasia who demonstrate:
- a record of high-quality scholarship in the English language;
- a record or strong promise of fostering public discussions in the scholar’s home context;
- a record or strong promise of advancing institution-building in the scholar’s home context by promoting quality academic scholarship;
- strong promise for a productive scholarly career;
- compelling financial need.
Please submit applications of no more than 1000 words that clearly address the priorities listed above to [email protected] no later than September 1, 2016.
Funding for this travel grant program is generously provided by the Open Society Foundations.