CAP Papers 169, July 2016
By Aurelie Biard
Aurelie Biard is a Spring 2016 IERES Visiting Scholar and a researcher at the Centre for International Studies and Research (CERI) in Paris and an associated researcher at the Centre for Turkish, Ottoman, Balkan, and Central Asian Studies (CETOBaC, CNRS). She holds a Ph.D in Political Science fromSciences-Po Paris. Her main publications include “The Religious Factor in the Reifications of ‘Neo-ethnic’ Identities in Kyrgyzstan,” in Nationalities Papers and “Power, ‘Original Islam’, and theReactivation of a Religious Utopia in Kara-Suu, Kyrgyzstan”, in Central Asian Affairs.
- Call for Papers: Education Challenges in Multicultural Central Asia
- Urban Tourism and a Culture Clash: Understanding Anti-Arab Tourist Sentiment in Baku
- Call for Papers: UCLA Central Asia Workshop Third Annual Conference 2017
- Student Essay Competition
- Best Graduate Student Paper in Central Asian Studies: EXTENDED Deadline