Crude Accountability is proud to release the English language version of their film, Berezovka: Exodus, about the relocation of the village of Berezovka in Western Kazakhstan. Berezovka is located next to the enormous Karachaganak Oil and Gas Condensate Field, which has been polluting the village, causing serious health and environmental problems, since 2002. We have been working with the village since 2003 to achieve relocation, and the process is now underway. The community has paid an enormous price–the health of a generation, the loss of economic prosperity, and the web of community–to achieve relocation, but to continue living in the village is impossible.
- 10 Most important events for Central Asia in 2015
- The Hidden War Against Women: Health Care in Afghanistan
- Debating Internal Migrations in Kyrgyzstan
- Oppositional Consciousness, Cultural Preservation, and Everyday Resistance on the Uyghur Internet
- Kazakhstan’s ‘Resource Nationalism’: Its Sources and Motives