About the Program
- The first multi-disciplinary Area Studies program in Kazakhstan and the wider region focusing on Eurasia
- 2-year funded all-English MA program
- Taught by internationally recognized faculty drawn from North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia
- Advised and actively supported by the partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
- An exciting opportunity to explore the cultures, languages, histories, communities, societies, and politics of Eurasia
- Includes the five post-Soviet Central Asian states, Russia, Eastern Europe, Mongolia, Xinjiang, and neighboring regions of South Asia, China and the Middle East
- An unrivalled concentration of scholars with Eurasian expertise, spanning the disciplines of Anthropology, Economics, History, Literature, Oriental Studies, Philosophy, Political Science, and Sociology
- Advanced academic training for pursuing careers in research, government, international organizations, academia, or other fields
- Study in Astana, at the heart of Eurasia, with unparalleled access to archives, fieldwork sites, government agencies, international organizations, and foreign diplomats
- Housing on campus with modern facilities, labs, library and sports center and a monthly stipend (only for Kazakhstani citizens).
- Awards “Master of Arts in Eurasian Studies” degree
- Central & East European, Russian & Eurasian Studies (Erasmus Mundus International Master)
- EUSP International Programs Call for Applications
- A Resacralization of Public Space and the Future of (Political) Islam in Azerbaijan: Quo Vadis?
- CESS 2019 Call for Proposals Now Open!
- Call for Papers: The Fifth Regional Conference of the Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS)