KIMEP University and the French Institute for Central Asian Studies (IFEAC) have the pleasure to announce the organisation of an international conference in Almaty, Kazakhstan, on May 18-19 2015, on the evolution of the welfare State in Central Asia. The cut down of Soviet subsidies after 1991 and the breakdown of a series of economic and political crises have considerably undermined the social role of the State in the region.
The present conference aims at shedding light on two decades of welfare State erosion in Central Asia and analyse collective actions conducted by citizens.
Submission deadline: 1st March 2015
- International Conference in Almaty, May 18-19
- Call for Papers: Education Challenges in Multicultural Central Asia
- THE FIRST CESAI CONFERENCE OF AFGHAN STUDIES 26-28 June 2019
- International Conference on Central Asia 2020: Call For Papers
- Call for Papers on the History of Linguistics from Ivané Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia