Call for Papers
New Perspectives in Russian, Eastern European, and Eurasian Studies
The Havighurst Center for Russian and Post-Soviet Studies at Miami University (Ohio) welcomes applications from advanced graduate students and recent doctoral recipients (ABD to 5 years beyond Ph.D.) for the upcoming international Young Researchers Conference. The conference will take place from June 13-June 16th, 2020 in Cuma, Italy at the Villa Vergiliana (Harry T. Wilks Center for Classical Studies) in the intimate surroundings of the Bay of Naples.
This call for papers aims for a broad range of proposals with a focus on Russia, Eastern Europe, and/or Eurasia. Papers will be pre-circulated and read by the conference participants, Havighurst faculty, and the key-note speakers. Because the theme is an open one, selection will be based not just on the quality of the proposals but on the interdisciplinary themes that emerge from these proposals. This conference offers participants the opportunity to workshop their recent research.
The Havighurst Center will cover room and board and the cost of an excursion in the area. Limited travel funds are available.
The deadline for the submission of the proposals is November 1st. Please send a one page abstract (no more than 500 words) and one-page CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject 2020YRCproposal.
- Call for Papers: Education Challenges in Multicultural Central Asia
- Call for Papers on the History of Linguistics from Ivané Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgia
- Call for Papers: The Fifth Regional Conference of the Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS)
- THE FIRST CESAI CONFERENCE OF AFGHAN STUDIES 26-28 June 2019
- Workshop: The Caucasus and Central Asia in Conversation: The Importance of Stories and Archives from the Soviet and Post-Soviet Periphery