In a world where the visual is becoming an integral part of knowledge, visuals can also express scholarly knowledge.
As such, for the 2019 conference, CESS is organizing its first-ever photo contest under the title:
“The Researcher and His/Her Fieldwork in Central Eurasia”
We invite scholars and journalists to submit photos of Central Eurasia (as defined by CESS) that reflect on the relationship between the researcher and the object of research and illuminate the different faces of fieldwork. Each photo should be accompanied by a short text (100 words maximum) explaining the meaning of the photo, as well as the place and year it was taken.
30 to 35 photos will be selected to be exhibited in the main hall of The George Washington University’s Elliott School of International Affairs from October 1 to October 31, 2019.
The competition is open to all CESS members who have paid their membership for 2019.
Photos should be of high resolution. We reserve the right to reject any photos that cannot be printed in sufficiently high quality.
Please send your photo and the text at CESSPHOTOS2019@gwu.edu
Deadline to submit photos: May 31, 2019
Announcement of winners: June 28, 2019
- The Researcher and His/Her Fieldwork in Central Eurasia (photo gallery)
- CESS 2019 Call for Proposals Now Open!
- The Mongolia Society Call For Papers
- 19th Annual Conference of the Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS 2018) October 24-28, 2018, University of Pittsburgh
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS: CESS REGIONAL CONFERENCE