The Organization for the Advancement of Inner Eurasian Studies (OASIES) will host a conference at the Harriman Institute of Columbia University on Friday, March 30, 2018. The conference, organized under the theme “Eurasia at the Crossroads,” will be an opportunity for students to present and discuss their active research on Inner Eurasia.
OASIES celebrates interdisciplinary research of the region and invite students to submit paper proposals on the following topics: domestic political dynamics; identity and religion; economics, including migration, foreign investment, and regional cooperation; culture and the arts; Central Asian foreign policy dynamics with neighboring states; the environment and natural resources; historical narratives; security, including regional and international dynamics. This list is not exhaustive, and we welcome papers that focus on other topics relevant to Inner Eurasia.
We welcome proposals from advanced undergraduate and graduate students in social sciences and humanities who focus on the region, though priority will be given to more developed research.
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS: CESS REGIONAL CONFERENCE
- Call for Papers: The Fifth Regional Conference of the Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS)
- 8th Annual OASIES Graduate Student Conference: Call for papers
- Central Eurasian Studies Society Annual Conference 2020 at Ohio University
- Conference call for papers–New Perspectives in Russian, Eastern European, and Eurasian Studies