CAP Papers 184, April 2017
Serik Jaxylykov is a sociologist and works at a private research company in Almaty, Kazakhstan. He earned his M.A. in Sociology from the Al-Farabi Kazakh National University. Most of his professional background lies in sociology in different areas including socio-economic, socio-political studies (for the World Bank, UNDP, Oxford Policy Management, and the European Training Foundation) and marketing research for private companies. He was a fellow at the Soros Foundation Kazakhstan Public Policy Initiative in 2015-16.
- Ethnic Return Migration in Kazakhstan: Shifting State Dynamics, Changing Media Discourses
- Religious Extremism in Kazakhstan: From Criminal Networks to Jihad
- Contemporary Art as a Public Forum in Kazakhstan
- Improving Governance in Kazakhstan’s Mining Towns
- Trilingual Education in Kazakhstan: What to Expect