CAP Papers 179, October 2016
By Franco Galdini and Zukhra Iakupbaeva
Zukhra Iakupbaeva is an independent journalist and researcher based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, and the Kyrgyzstan correspondent for the Conway Bulletin. Zukhra holds a BA degree in Political Science from the American University of Central Asia. She works as a Programme Manager at the Archa Initiative foundation, which works to preserve Bishkek’ Botanical Garden.
- Encounters at the Edge of the Muslim World: A Political Memoir of Kyrgyzstan with author Eugene Huskey and Ambassador Kadyr M. Toktogulov (video)
- The highly securitized insecurities of state borders in the Fergana Valley
- Inequality in Secondary Education and Kazakhstan’s Risk of Becoming a Fragmented Society
- Azerbaijan’s Suspended Democracy: Time For An International Reassessment
- Regional Cooperation in Central Asia: Nurturing from the Ground Up