The U.S.-Kazakhstan Business Association (USKZBA) is an independent, non-profit organization that promotes U.S. economic and commercial cooperation with Kazakhstan. Since 1999, USKZBA has engaged industry leaders and policymakers from the United States and Kazakhstan to foster a positive business and investment climate in Kazakhstan, one which enables companies to be productive and the country to grow and prosper.
- Seek to understand and help shape policy directions that facilitate economic competitiveness and a productive business climate in Kazakhstan through dialogue with U.S. and Kazakhstani government leaders.
- Encourage dialogue between visiting Kazakhstani officials and U.S. government counterparts, and host events at which the officials can meet with USKZBA members.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of views and information between U.S. and Kazakhstani business and government leaders.
- Furnish timely information and analysis to members regarding the investment climate, business practices, and governmental initiatives and policies in Kazakhstan.
- Be an effective, collective voice for U.S. business interests in Kazakhstan.
- Cooperate with other regional and international business organizations to foster economic growth in Kazakhstan and throughout the Caspian and Eurasian regions.
- Promote awareness of Kazakhstan in the United States, in support of members’ business interests.
The USKZBA is a separate entity co-located with the National Foreign Trade Council (NFTC). Advancing global commerce for 95 years, the NFTC is a leading business organization advocating an open, rules-based global trading system. Founded in 1914 by a broad-based group of American companies, the NFTC now serves hundreds of member companies through its offices in Washington and New York.
The USKZBA seeks a full-time Program Manager to support the Association’s work in DC and programming around the US and in Kazakhstan. The Program Manager will work closely with the organization’s Executive Director to plan and execute regular USKZBA events, be responsible for bi-weekly news updates for members, regular website updates, and research on issues of importance to the US business community operating in Kazakhstan.
Major responsibilities of this position include:
- In depth research into aspects of the economy and politics in Kazakhstan;
- Monitoring and summarizing regional print and broadcast media as well as social media, focusing on political dialogue efforts and business issues in both English and Russian;
- In collaboration with the USKZBA Executive Director, develop and implement strategies and activities to retain and grow Association membership;
- Attending events and conferences related to Kazakhstan and the broader region and producing written summaries;
- Administrative support, maintaining the USKZBA website and creating and maintaining databases of companies interested in Kazakhstan;
- Monitoring and summarizing information on U.S. public policy and legislation concerning Kazakhstan;
- Event management, in collaboration with the USKZBA Executive Director, develop content and manage logistics for a dynamic and fast paced Association event program;
- And, participation in NFTC international trade activities as needed.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors degree required, graduate work a plus;
- Native English speaking/writing capabilities. Proficiency in Russian or Kazakh a plus;
- Strong commercial and policy research skills with the ability to synthesize information;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Background in Eurasian regional economic and trade issues;
- Ability to handle USKZBA members’ proprietary information with discretion;
- Experience with WordPress and social media a plus, will provide training if needed;
- Self-motivated, detail oriented professional able to work independently and as a member of a team.
Applications will be accepted through March 17, 2017. To apply, send resume, cover letter, and a brief writing sample to email@example.com. The USKZBA and NFTC are equal opportunity employers. Applicant must have the legal right to reside and work in the United States. Salary is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits packages includes health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation, and retirement plan.