Afghanistan Regional Forum No. 1, June 2012
By Guli I. Yuldasheva
With the forthcoming withdrawal of NATO troops from Afghanistan, any solution to-wards Afghan reconciliation has to take into consideration the search for a new, more bal-anced security policy for all of Central Asia. Analyzing the Afghan situation both from an internal perspective and from a regional one is strategically important for Uzbekistan due to the important role that Afghanistan plays in the region’s stability.
- Uzbekistan’s National Security Strategy: Threat and Response
- Afghanistan and Its Central Asian Neighbors Toward Dividing Insecurity
- Post-2014: The Spectre of a New Arms Race in Central Asia?
- Flexibility or Strategic Confusion? Foreign Policy of Uzbekistan
- Constraints and Opportunities for Uzbek-Afghan Economic Relations