Contract : 8 month consultancy contract
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan with regular travel to Kazakhstan and Europe
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2015
Start date: 1 May 2015
The International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), founded in 1922, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) which aims to strengthen protection of all the rights set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. FIDH federates 178 national human rights NGOs from 117 countries.
FIDH is currently seeking a full-time consultant who will coordinate and implement a new programme on “Building capacity to protect and promote the rights of labour migrants and their families in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan”. The position will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan with regular travel to Kazakhstan and Europe.
The consultant will be under the supervision of the Director of the Migrants’ Rights Desk, based in Paris.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated and dynamic individual with experience in promoting migrants’ rights, strong knowledge of political and human rights issues in Central Asia and a proven commitment to promoting the values of FIDH.
Coordinate programme activities
In consultation and collaboration with FIDH’s members and partners in the region, the Consultant will implement the following activities
• Conduct a mapping of actors promoting migrants’ rights and levers for change in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan.
• Organise capacity building fellowships for national partners
• Organise and participate in national strategy workshops
• Organise and participate in investigation missions with national partners
• Coordinate and contribute to investigation reports
• Coordinate and participate in national advocacy missions
• Activate international and regional human rights mechanisms on the basis of findings
Other organisational tasks
The Consultant will also be tasked with
• Drafting public documents (press releases, reports, position papers, etc.) ;
• Ensuring a regular flow of information between the main stakeholders ;
• Contributing to evaluation of and reporting on activities ;
• Ensuring necessary logistical and administrative tasks.
CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT
• Fees: $1 800 USD per month
• Travel expenses
• Health insurance
• Visa: FIDH will reimburse visa fees if required.
• At least 2 years of experience working on migrants’ rights in Central Asia, documenting human rights violations and elaborating policy recommendations;
• Particular expertise on implementation of the international framework on the protection of the rights of migrant workers;
• Good knowledge of the Central Asia region and the particular human rights challenges facing migrants and human rights defenders;
• Master’s Degree in Law, Human Rights or Political Science;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Fluency in Russian and English (both written and spoken).
Please send a CV and cover letter with the contacts of two referees to [email protected]
- Ensuring Freedom from State Violence in the Kyrgyz Republic
- Together on the Move: Tajik Migrants in Olympic Sochi
- Kazakhstan’s Challenging Geopolitical Environment
- Call for Applications: Central Asia – Azerbaijan Fellowship Program Spring 2017
- Call for Applications: Fall 2017 Central Asia-Azerbaijan Fellowship Program