Not In Our Name, produced by Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL), is the first regional counter-extremism project ever produced for Central Asia. Staff traveled to diverse areas within the region, exploring and reporting on how residents can work together at the local and national level to prevent the spread of violence and extremism. This unique project collected video portraits of individuals who lost family members in Syria and Iraq, and presented those portraits to young people from Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan, asking them to share their experiences and perspectives.
The discussion of the project will be held on October 16, 2018. See more details here.
- “Not In Our Name”: A research and documentary project developed by RFE/RL (video of the discussion)
- Russian/Soviet Perspectives on Islam Launches
- Revisiting ‘Great Games’ and ‘New Silk Roads’ in Central Asia
- Uighur Foreign Fighters: An Underexamined Jihadist Challenge
- Jihadists from Ex-Soviet Central Asia: Where Are They? Why Did They Radicalize? What Next?