Source: Wall Street Journal
China has turned the northwestern region of Xinjiang into a vast experiment in domestic surveillance. WSJ investigated what life is like in a place where one’s every move can be monitored with cutting-edge technology.
- Between Resistance and Adaptation: the Place of the Uyghur Language in the Sinicised Zone of Urumchi
- Uyghur and Chinese Relations since 1949 (video)
- China’s Xinjiang to Build “Great Wall” to Protect Border: Governor
- China to Auction Five Oil, Gas Blocks in Xinjiang in Reform Push
- Eastern Turkistan Folklore: Uyghur Music and Dance Archive Recordings (video)