EUCAM Commentary No. 18 by Marlene Laruelle and Eric McGlinchey, October 2017
Western influence in Central Asia is at an all-time low. Public opinion surveys in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan demonstrate that perceptions of the EU and US are eroding. What is driving low EU and US favourability? How can the EU and US remain relevant in Central Asia? And what role should soft power play in renewed EU and US approaches to Central Asia?
- EUCAM Watch: Issue 17 – May 2017
- Addressing Soft Security Challenges in Kazakhstan and Central Asia
- Dictators Without Borders: Global Aspects of Authoritarian Governance in Central Asia
- On the Road to “H”: Narcotic Drugs in Soviet Central Asia
- When Tehran looks at its regional environment: Iranian think tanks and their analysis of Central Asia