The University of Central Asia (UCA) in partnership with the Cambridge Trust is pleased to announce scholarship opportunities for doctoral study at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
The scholarships are for students wishing to pursue doctoral studies in the following fields: Computer Science, Engineering, Media and Communications, Business Management or Economics. The fields listed reflect some of the majors in undergraduate programme offered by UCA’s School of Arts and Sciences.
Applicants from Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and Tajikistan are strongly encouraged to apply. Students from Afghanistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and northern Pakistan are also eligible. Applicants must meet UCA’s eligibility benchmarks, and admission criteria to the University of Cambridge.
The scholarships are part of UCA’s ongoing Central Asian Faculty Development Programme (CAFDP) designed to ensure that scholars from the region are strongly represented in UCA’s faculty. Scholarship recipients will be required to work for three years at the University, after the completion of their studies at the University of Cambridge.
UCA is Central Asia’s sole regional university with fully-residential campuses in Naryn, Kyrgyzstan, Khorog, Tajikistan, and Tekeli, Kazakhstan with state-of-the art facilities, small staff – student ratios, and with generous provision for faculty to engage in research.
Interested students are invited to submit their applications to UCA by 17 November 2017. The deadline for admissions to the University of Cambridge is 6 December 2017 via their online application portal.
- Central & East European, Russian & Eurasian Studies (Erasmus Mundus International Master)
- Scholarship Opportunity: Candidate from Central Asia to Pursue a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science Abroad
- A Resacralization of Public Space and the Future of (Political) Islam in Azerbaijan: Quo Vadis?
- Tajik Intensive and Central Asian Studies – Abroad
- Best Graduate Student Paper in Central Asian Studies: EXTENDED Deadline