In the framework of the newly launched NAC-NU Central Asia Studies Program, GW’s Central Asia Program (CAP), Nazarbayev University and the National Analytical Center (NAC) are happy to announce the second research topic: External and internal migrations in Central Asia.
To promote research on this topic, the NAC-NU Central Asia Studies Program will fund 15 research papers. Papers should present a relevant and innovative analytical framework to discuss external and internal migrations in Central Asia. Papers should be written in English only and be between 5,000 and 6,000 words using Chicago-style endnotes.
Each of the 15 selected authors will receive a fee of US$2,500 after submission of the first draft and its acceptance by the Advisory Board. Final papers will be published online on the Central Asia Program and Nazarbayev University websites.
Authors will then be invited to present their paper at a workshop to be organized at Nazarbayev University in Astana in October/November 2017.
The authors of the two best papers will be offered a one-month fellowship at GW’s CAP to work on their paper and submit it to a peer-reviewed journal (a stipend of US$3,500, plane ticket and US visa fees are covered).
The application is open to all those working in academia and research institutions. Citizens from all countries are invited to apply.
- Deadline for proposal submission: April 15, 2017
- Results announced: May 15, 2017
- First draft of papers due: July 31, 2017
- Final draft of papers due: September 30, 2017
- NAC-NU Central Asia Studies Program Call for Papers
- Facebook Jihad: The IMU’s Digital Communication Strategy for the Karachi Airport Attack
- Call for Papers: Democracy in the 21st Century: Challenges and the Ways Forward
- Call for Papers: KIMEP University and the French Institute for Central Asian Studies
- Call for Papers: 4th International Conference 2016, Department of Political Science, GC University Lahore